The Plug & Play Box works without software
Instructions and support
Setting up the Plug&Play Box
- Connect the PPB (Plug&Play Box) to the computer using the USB cable provided.
- Plug the USB cable from the Giromat/PayEye into the USB socket of the PPB. After a few seconds, the Giromat confirms that it is ready for operation with a short tone and a flashing green light. The PayEye acknowledges with a flashing blue LED.
- Scan the tax document for the keyboard layout with the Giromat/PayEye, e.g. keyboard layout for German-speaking Switzerland.
- Scan the tax document for the accounts payable software used with the Giromat/PayEye, e.g. PayMaker, ABACUS or Sesam Sage etc. All receipts for the accounts payable software can be found on our Plug&Play Box support page.
- The Giromat/PayEye system is now ready for use
Change of financial software or keyboard layout
- After successful commissioning, the accounts payable software or the keyboard layout can be adapted or exchanged by you at any time.
- Select the appropriate tax document and scan the QR code with the Giromat/PayEye
Delaycodes Pluig & Play Box
If characters are missing or displayed incorrectly in the application, this is usually a sign that the keyboard input of the Plug&Play Box is too fast.
- The output can be slowed down with the help of the enclosed control documents in “Delay_Codes_Giromat-PPB.pdf”.
- The codes slow down the output to 1000/500/200/100/50 characters per second. In addition, there is a code to switch off the slowing down again
- Select the appropriate tax document and scan the QR-code with the Giromat/PayEye.
- The setting can be changed or adjusted at any time.
Connect PayEye via Plug & Play Box via Bluetooth
- Plug the USB cable from the PayEye into the USB socket of the PPB.
- After a few seconds, the PayEye confirms that it is ready for operation with a flashing blue LED.
- Now remove the PayEye’s cable and plug the Bluetooth dongle into the USB socket of the Plug&Play Box.
- After approx. 10 seconds, the PayEye will acknowledge the pairing process with a blue flash.
- The PayEye can now be used
If you do not have a Bluetooth dongle, you can find a compatible device in our online shop.
Plug & Play Box Firmware Update
To use the current version of the Plug&Play Box, proceed as follows:
- Download the current firmware from our support page and open the ZIP file. Copy the file “GPP_v1.6.X.update” into the root directory of a memory stick (normally formatted with FAT32 (no NTFS / exFAT)).
- Connect the Plug&Play box to the desired computer (if not already done) and start a text editor that can receive the keyboard strokes.
Insert the memory stick into the Plug&Play box (instead of the Giromat / PayEye). After 20 seconds at the latest, the version number should appear in the editor if the update has worked.
- Leave the Plug&Play box plugged into the computer for at least five minutes so that the change is safely stored in the internal flash. Otherwise, the system of the Plug&Play box could be damaged. However, you can unplug the memory stick (and only this one!) immediately after the above message (point 3), plug in the Giromat / PayEye and continue working.
- Support for the latest generation of Giromat LS400
- All delay codes that are already included in the basic configuration of the financial software are executed correctly.
- All modifier keys (Shift / Ctrl / Alt) are also included in the set keyboard delay. This can help with problems on remote environments.
By means of a configuration code you can choose whether the modifier keys are sent as separate HID events (default) or as modifiers of the actual keystroke (for configuration see Delay_Codes_Giromat-PPB.pdf).
- It is possible to control the speed of the data output to the application. This should be tried if characters are missing or arrive incorrectly in the application. This is usually an indication that the keystrokes are sent too fast.
- Can now read gzip/base64 encoded QR codes to transfer larger amounts of data.
- With firmware 1.5.4 the compatibility of the Plug&Play Box with the PayEye was implemented.
Swiss QR Codes that have not been scaled correctly, have poor print quality etc. are now better recognised and read in.
Reading of code lines with non-OCR-B fonts are now better recognised and read. (must be activated with a separate configuration document)
- Activate recognition of code lines with deviating fonts (not OCR-B)